Chanel – Small Chanel 19 Flap Bag
Chanel 19 Small Flap
The last Chanel bag created by Karl Lagerfeld, the Chanel 19 is a modern classic.First seen on the runway of the Fall / Winter 2019/20 ready-to-wear collection created by Karl Lagerfeld and Virginie Viard, the Chanel 19 bag was greatly inspired by the classic 2.55 bag. The number 19 stands for 2019, the year of its creation. A name that echoes its big sister, the 2.55 bag, created in February 1955 by Coco Chanel. It was the last Chanel bag designed by Karl Lagerfield and thus it has a special place in our hearts. It features soft leather or tweed, large quilts, a signature multi hardware chain and a woven CC logo.
The Small Chanel 19 is the smallest of all Chanel 19 Flaps if we exclude the WOC. It has a relaxed yet luxurious look to it due to its incredibly soft leather and the fact that it is an unstructured bag. If we were to compare it with the Chanel Classic Flap, we would say that it’s counterpart is the Classic Flap M/L.
What are the differences between the Small Chanel 19 and the Medium Chanel Classic Flap (M/L)?
- Price. As of now, the Chanel 19 is definitely more affordable than the Classic Flap. A Small Chanel 19 costs $5,700 whereas the M/L Classic Flap is a whooping $7,800.
- Look and Feel. The Chanel 19 feels more casual and fresh due to it’s mixed hardware and unstructured-ness. The Classic Flap is a very structured bag, it has a double flap and feels more formal.
- What fits inside. Even though there is not a huge size difference (6.2 × 10.1 × 3.5 in for the 19 and 6 × 9.9 × 2.5 in for the M/L), the 19 holds significantly more. Again it is due to the fact that the 19 is not a structured bag, it doesn’t have a double flap and has a big back pocket. Therefore, if you tend to need just a little more space in your bag, you cannot go wrong with the 19 flap.
- Leather. The Chanel Classic Flap comes in lambskin and grained calfskin (or caviar leather) but the Chanel 19 Flaps only come in lambskin or goatskin leather. If you’re someone that is very worried about scratching your bag, we suggest that you look into the non-leather options of the Chanel 19.
Is Chanel 19 worth buying?
This is the million dollar question, is the Chanel 19 flap worth the money? Take a look at the Pros and Cons below and see if it’s worth it for you, your lifestyle and budget. We think that the Chanel 19 is an amazing bag that is likely to stay in fashion for a while (or even forever if we were to believe Chanel’s SAs) but due to it’s casual look it is not for everyone.
6.2 × 10.1 × 3.5 in
- A smartphone
- A mini size wallet
- Keys with a key pouch
- Makeup pouch with mask, lipstick and mini hand cream
- Airpods or similar
There are no reviews yet.