Chanel Classic Jumbo
Chanel Jumbo Classic Flap
Created by Karl Lagerfeld upon his arrival in 1983, the Chanel Classic Flap handbag reinterprets the iconic 2.55 handbag created by Coco Chanel. It features a double flap, quilted leather, a chain interlocked with leather and the iconic CC logo turn lock.
The Jumbo Chanel Classic Flap, also called the Large Classic Flap at Chanel is the 3rd size up after the Small and Medium or m/l (medium large) Classic Flap. It holds significantly more than its smaller ‘sisters’ while being less overwhelming than the Maxi Chanel Flap.
One of the most common questions people are asking before buying their first classic flap is: “which hardware should I choose” as well as “which leather should I choose, lambskin or caviar leather?”.
Silver Hardware versus Gold Hardware for Chanel Classic Flaps – which one to choose?
- Firstly, we must acknowledge that there is no right and wrong answer, it totally depends on your preference, what kind of jewelry you prefer and even your skin tone, I am one that likes to mix and match my jewelry but for my first classic flap I went with silver hardware because my engagement ring and wedding set are in white gold. The general consensus is that silver hardware makes the bag appear ever so slightly more casual whereas the gold hardware is more glamorous.
- Another thing to keep in mind is your clothes’ hardware. Do you have an extensive collection of leather jackets with gold hardware or boots with silver hardware, then maybe choose a classic flap with the same tone hardware so you don’t have to worry too much about matching your bag to your shoes and outerwear
- Occasion. Do you envision wearing your classic flap on fancy nights out or to brunch on Sundays? Of course, there’s nothing wrong with wearing silver during the night or gold during the day, but we must admit that a Chanel Flap with SHW is slightly more casual than one with GHW.
In the end, really, you can’t go wrong with either. If you have the chance, go to a Chanel boutique to try both on and see which one makes your heart sing more. If you’re looking on the pre-loved market and you can’t make up your mind, see what comes up at a good price and just snatch that, it is really that simple.
Lambskin versus Caviar Leather – which one is better?
Another question that sometimes puzzles us, is which leather type is better. Again, there’s no right and wrong but there can be a right or wrong leather for your needs. There’s no secret that caviar leather is more hard wearing than lambskin and shows way fewer scratches. However, lambskin is just so luxurious looking and so amazingly soft to touch. In general, we suggest caviar leather for the bigger Classic Flaps (Jumbo and Maxi) since you’re more likely to wear them casually and baby them less. However, if you don’t mind a few scratches here and there and love that buttery soft leather then lambskin might be the best choice for you.
7.6 × 11.7 × 3.9 in
- A smartphone
- A small wallet
- Keys with a key pouch
- Small pouch with mask, lipstick and mini hand cream
- Water Bottle / Mini Umbrella
There are no reviews yet.